badge

Tuesday 5 July 2016

Healthy Classic Arabic Eid al-Fitr Recipe | Fatet Hommus | Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah

I am a Foodie. I love eating food. All my memories are associated with food at one level or another. Obviously, the best kind of foods are relished at our festivals. Oh, all the delicacies I have enjoyed over the years on Holi and Diwali and Eid and Christmas, at own as well as friends' houses! Mouth-watering memories :)

But I am no Masterchef. In fact, till very recently, I would not even enter the kitchen unless it was dire emergency. Cooking has not been much of a strong suit for me. Surprising, since food takes up more than half of my day (thinking, fantasizing, eating..you get the drift) :D So when I got to know of a delicious recipe especially for Ramadan and Eid al-Fitr all the way from Dubai, the first thing I did was scan it apprehensively. You see, I have been under the impression that cooking, especially for Eid, is a looooooong chore. All the times I have gobbled up delicious Biryanis and Sheer Kormas at my friends' houses have spoilt me. However, this time, I am going to be in the Chef's hat because this recipe is healthy, lip-smacking and oh-so-easy to make :)



Especially keeping the Holy month of Ramadan and the auspicious occasion of Eid al-Fitr in mind, Dubai Tourism along with Chef Jens Muenchenbach at Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah has put together some quick healthy classic Arabic delicacies, one of which is Fatet Hommus. One look through the recipe and I am all set to make it tomorrow and surprise my family. It is vegetarian, fresh, full of nutrients and taste. There cannot be a better way to pay homage to the festive spirit than by indulging in some pure delicacy that comes straight from the heart of Dubai :) Try it out folks!


Recipe of Fatet Hommus 

Ingredients: 

500g boiled chickpeas 
500g yoghurt 
10g peeled garlic 
20g ghee 
10g pine nut 
10g red paprika 
5g chopped parsley 
5g cooking salt 
30g fried bread 
100ml water of chickpeas 
10g dry mint 

Method of preparation

1. Put the chickpeas into a hot pan with garlic, salt, chickpea water and bread. 
2. Mix in the yogurt, parsley, mint, paprika. 
3. Add the hot ghee and pine nuts. 
4. Blend to a smooth consistency.
5. Serve

Source of Images : 1 , 2 

1 comment:

If you like my post,please share it or connect with me here, I look forward to all comments :)