badge

Friday 22 May 2020

Sage Apothecary Activated Charcoal and Tea Tree Mud Mask Review | Smytten Haul | Beauty Review

Sage Apothecary Activated Charcoal and Tea Tree Mud Mask was a part of samples I chose from Smytten... I chose the sample because I was looking forward to detoxifying my skin and cleaning my pores after a particularly stretch of bad skin including rashes, inflammation, acne outbreaks. Most of my sample choices from Smytten were terrific and my skin loved them and I am looking forward to trying their full sizes such as the Votre whipped clay mask and Fuschia Charcoal Mask.



Packaging of  Sage Apothecary Activated Charcoal and Tea Tree Mud Mask is simple, a round little transparent plastic pot.

Ingredients list is full of famous ones like bentonite clay, charocoal powder, aloe vera, walnut shell, tea tree, and peppermint.

Claims to deep cleanse, detoxify, bring out all the dirt from the pores while simultaneously nourishing the skin.

Availability of  Sage Apothecary Activated Charcoal and Tea Tree 3 in 1 Mud Mask is decent on online sites such as Amazon or Smytten App. Full size 100 grams available for Rs. 419 which is proper enough for the quantity.

Quantity of this 30 gm sample from Smytten was enough for 4 uses all over my neck and elbows.

Usage - No such instruction on the sample pack. I am assuming it is supposed to be used like any other mask. Cleanse, tone, then apply this in a uniform layer, let it dry, wash off thoroughly.

Effect - As I have used many other clay masks, I had such big expectations from this one too. But this was such a horrible product fail for me :( I thought it would be a Mud Mask like the Fuschia one or Aroma Magic one. But when I opened the little pot, I saw little scrub particles, enough to give my super sensitive skin micro tears..and especially right now I cannot take any chances with such abrasive products...I have used many such products when I was in college and I feel they have made my skin super-sensitive over the years (my fault, for getting sucked in good marketing by big companies and using scrubs every alternate day!)

Yes it is a mud Mask and it is a SCRUB also, best for people who have strong non-sensitive skin and love scrub exfoliation. They should really change its name from mud mask to intense exfoliator since the granules are really big. So I was not using it on my face at all. I used it on my neck and as an exfoliator for my hands. Because thank God, my body and neck skin is not as sensitive as my facial skin.

Overall, I don't really like this product or would recommend it unless someone wants a good exfoliator for their face or neck and their skin won't tear with these big abrasive granules. It left my neck and hands squeaky clean after exfoliation and washing off, but I cannot under any circumstances use it on my face.

YES 
  • Free of silicons, parabens
  • Deeply cleanses, exfoliates, leaves skin squeaky clean
  • Available on Amazon, Smytten 
NO 
  • The exfoliating granules are too abrasive, not for my sensitive and rashes-prone skin
  • Name is misleading-it says mud pack but it is an exfoliating pack

Recommended -NO. Not good for all skin types and would be too harsh on most people's facial skin. Rating is 1.5/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like my post,please share it or connect with me here, I look forward to all comments :)