badge

Monday 5 November 2018

Indus Valley Bio Organic Sandalwood Powder Review | Ready to use DIY Beauty Product | Beauty Review

The moment I tuned into the field of skincare and beauty (my high school years), I immediately latched onto the idea of using ingredients like  Sandalwood Powder, Turmeric Powder, Multani Mitti etc. Simply because I have seen my mom use such ingredients all her life and she has always had the most beautiful skin. After using Ayur Face Pack for years and years, it was heartbreaking when I couldn't buy Ayur anymore. So I started searching around for new DIY, ready to use sandalwood powder and decided to try Indus Valley Bio Organic Sandalwood Powder :)


Packaging of  Indus Valley Bio Organic Sandalwood Powder is similar to other such products. It is available in a little paper packet which has a plastic sachet inside with the actual powder. It is better to store it in some other container just like I did in an old Forest Essentials container.


Ingredients list is simple with Sandalwood Powder, Multani Mitti, Calamine Powder, Almond Powder. 


Claims are keeping in line with how such traditional ingredients work, it promises to provide cooling, nourishment, improve complexion of skin and give anti-wrinkle effect with regular usage.

Availability of Indus Valley Bio Organic Sandalwood Powder is not that common, I have seen it online on Amazon, Nykaa, Flipkart. I bought it from Amazon for Rs. 189 for 100 grams.



Quantity is what I have a big problem with. I opened the sachet and stored the entire product in Forest Essentials container which is 75 grams while this powder is supposed to be 100 grams. YET when I emptied the sachet, the 75 grams container is all it took for the sachet to be emptied completely. So either Forest Essentials is giving 100 grams worth product in place of 75 grams OR Indus Valley Bio Sandalwood Powder is giving less than 75 grams worth of product in place of 100 grams. 

Anyway, only a small quantity is needed so even this much is enough for 1 month when used everyday.

Usage - Mix 1 spoon with rose water or fresh water, apply on face, let it dry, wash face. Easy-peasy :D


Effect - Having spent my whole life using similar product, I know how to use it and what effects to expect on my face. I mix it with yogurt and a little bit of almond oil to make a nice paste, apply on face, it takes 10 minutes to completely dry and then I wash it off. It smells nice, the aroma lingers for some time, it does soothe and calm my skin, makes it soft and even my super-sensitive skin has not reacted to any ingredient, so I can definitely vouch for it being a good effective product.

The face pack powder is mainly made of Multani Mitti base, where sandalwood, calamine and almond are added in smaller quantities and thus it can leave dry skin dehydrated, so I suggest always use it after mixing some oils or full fat milk cream in it. For combination-oily or completely oily skin, it is a boon since multani mitti, calamine and sandalwood are amazing ingredients to soak up all the oil. I have used it for nearly a month now and I cannot say that it has worked on my old acne scars at all, or about its 'wrinkle reducing' effect but overall it is a good basic product that can be used in conjunction with many other ingredients from the kitchen.

Depending on your skin type and preference, you can mix turmeric, lemon juice, tomato juice, some drops of face oil, milk, yogurt or any other such ingredient in Indus Valley Bio Organic Sandalwood Powder to make a good face pack. The biggest problem I had was with its quantity. I am disappointed that supposedly 100 grams of powder completely fit in 75 grams container!

YES 
  • Good DIY product
  • Absorbs extra oil, perfect for oily or combination-oily skin
  • Makes skin soft and smooth
  • Nice calming aroma that lingers for some time
  • No bad chemicals added, it is just mix of good ingredients
  • Calms and soothes skin, I have seen reduction in pimple size with this
  • No allergies, breakout or bad reaction on my super-sensitive skin
  • Available online, I bought from Amazon

NO 
  • QUANTITY! It is supposed to be 100 grams, yet it completely fit in a 75 grams container! HOW?
  • Main ingredient in multani mitti,while sandalwood is in lesser quantity
  • I cannot vouch for how pure the sandalwood powder is, whether it is really organic or not, no way to tell that
  • Not good for dry skin, they have to add something oily to it
  • I did not see any effect on fading old acne scars or pigmentation or sunburn even after 1 month of usage

Recommended - MAYBE. It is a decent product but I will continue my search for a better alternative. Rating is 3/5.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like my post,please share it or connect with me here, I look forward to all comments :)