badge

Wednesday 21 February 2018

Beauty Review | Clarins Lotus Face Treatment Oil | Indian Beauty Lifestyle Blogger

For skin as dry as mine, using as many different lotions and creams as possible is a given, especially during winter months since no single lotion seems to be able to do the perfect job. And it cannot be too greasy or there will be pimples galore on my face, and it cannot be too light or my parched skin will stay like a desert. So on this quest to find a product that would soothe and moisturize my facial skin without making its sensitive side flare up, I ended up buying Clarins Lotus Face Treatment Oil for a trial. Let us see how it fared!


Clarins is one of the best known International beauty brands that aims to provide scientific beauty solutions targeted for specific skin concern, enriched with botanical ingredients. Clarins Lotus Face Treatment Oil for Oily & Combination Skin has Pure essential oils of Rosemary and Geranium along with Lotus extract as its major Ingredients along with Sunflower seed oil, Hazel Seed oil, Vitamin E and some minimal preservatives. Packaging is elegant too and quite travel friendly, although the bottle is made of glass and automatically feels delizate. Claims include purifying and improving oily or combination skin, refining skin and balancing sebum production. Quantity is good enough to last 2-3 months because only 2-3 drops are enough to used for whole face everyday.
 


Clarins Lotus Face Treatment Oil is available online on Amazon as well as offline in Clarins stores for about Rs. 5500. It is a renowned luxury brand and price reflects that. The main thing to see now is if it justifies the steep price tag.
 


When I applied it for the first time, I thought it was a bit too oily for my skin and I was worried that it would increase acne on my cheeks. But it did not. It took me 2-3 days to adjust the amount I was applying on my face and I realized that only 2-3 drops were enough to moisturize my skin as well as keep it hydrated for 5-6 hours easily without making it too oily or too parched. In this sense, it was a good moisturizer for my complicated skin. It does not have a very strong fragrance and the mild chemical-y smell we get on applying it dissipates after some time so no issues there also. Overall though,even after using it for almost a month every night before going to bed, I did not see any big changes in my skin which is not what is expected after paying such a huge amount. I would expect that something this expensive would at least even out my tone, brighten my face more noticeably but all it did was give me a glow which I could frankly get from any other much less expensive cream/lotion too!

YES
  •  Internationally renowned brand, used by celebrities
  •  Elegant packaging
  • Did not increase acne or make my sensitive skin flare up in any way
  • Gave a glow after regular application over a week
  • Very mild smell that dissipates fairly soon
  • Good for combination skin

NO
  •  Did not do anything extra
  • Priced exorbitantly for average results 
  • Not available easily, try on Amazon 

Recommended- For those who want to spend extra for a brand name, this is a good option for combination or oily skin. Rating is 3/5 :)
 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The relationship between face treatment oil and skin care cream is often complementary. While face treatment oil tends to provide deep nourishment and hydration, skin care cream typically 5 percent hydroquinone cream focuses on moisturizing and locking in that hydration. Together, they can create a synergistic effect, promoting overall skin health by addressing different aspects such as nourishment, hydration, and protection. Using both products in a skincare routine can contribute to a balanced and well-rounded approach to maintaining healthy and radiant skin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there! I recently came across the Clarins Lotus Face Treatment Oil on your website and was intrigued by its benefits. It's great to see Vorwarts Pharma offering such quality products. Looking forward to exploring more from your range!

    ReplyDelete

If you like my post,please share it or connect with me here, I look forward to all comments :)