badge

Thursday 11 May 2017

Say Cheese Festival At 1441 Pizzeria | Perfect Pizza Goodness | Food Review


Having heard about 1441 Pizzeria since months from a lot of my friends, it was finally a joyous occasion to be here last week to review a slice of their Say Cheese Festival. A small (can seat about 30 at a time) yet very cozy and beautiful outlet near Lion Gate, the beautiful Italian countryside paintings and photos adorning the wall, upbeat music in the air and enthusiastic, smiling staff to help out the visitors, first impression itself 1441 Pizzeria made us really happy :)




Their concept is simple-you can make a pizza the way you like, the way you want with whatever toppings, sauce etc. and its all unlimited! One look at the toppings available-from paneer to bell peppers to broccoli to zucchini and it is impossible to not be as excited as a 10 year old in a candy shop! They have wood fired ovens that give a distinct smoky flavor to the pizzas (my favorite kind!) and the staff will even let you try your hand at actually making the pizza if you are here on a weekday afternoon :D How much better can it get.


Oh their Say Cheese Festival makes it better. Along with the regular make your own pizza or order from their specials, now we can try various types of cheese from all over the world. This is a real treat for gourmands (which I am not but I try), and there is a little informational flyer you can see on which various pizzas with different cheese are depicted, with the cheese being the king of the pizza, instead of a 1000 toppings.


We first tried a half and half pizza asking the staff to make us something special and they gave us half of bell peppers, olives, broccoli and another half of mushrooms, corn and onions. Splendid! The smokey thin crust, the melt in mouth cheese and sauce mix and fresh toppings, it is one of the best pizzas I have eaten. The staff knows their pizzas here. Ofcourse, next time I will be going straight for the make my own pizza.


From the Say Cheese Festival we tried Stracciatella Pizza with rocket leaves, tomatoes and stracciatella and parmesan cheese as well as Greek Cheese Pizza with white sauce and mozzarella topped with smattering of spinach, onions and sprinkle of feta cheese. It looked and tasted just like we expected it to,no complaints. Mind you, these are international cheese, very different from the usual processed cheese we are all used to having. So somebody like my parents, who are not really experimental when it comes to food, would probably be wondering why these pizzas taste so different. But I think that is the point of the whole festival-to expose our tastebuds to something different and exotic :) I had tried Stracciatella cheese a long time ago so I already knew what to expect and I loved it, similarly greek cheese pizza was lovely with the saltiness of feta and density of white sauce +mozzarella making it unique for my experimental palate. I would suggest go ahead and ask the staff to suggest something good based on your unique palate and they will not disappoint :)


Even though I would have loved to try every other variant of cheese they had, we decided to try some other items from the menu too, including their refreshing Peach Iced Tea, extremely delicious Masala Lemonade and Lychee Lemonade (Lychee fans would like this, I do not like Lychee as it is and also found it a bit too sweet), and in dessert we could not resist their Chocolate Mousse which is a MUST-HAVE, along with Nutella Pizza which comes adorned with fresh fruits and is actually just the perfect kind of sweet (not overpowering) for everyone :) Needless to say,we were grinning like idiots by the end of the meal since everything was so perfect!


This is a place I am keeping high on my must-visit pizza places in Mumbai and recommend whole heartedly to everyone who dreams of cheesy goodness :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like my post,please share it or connect with me here, I look forward to all comments :)