badge

Wednesday 25 March 2020

Ancient Living Kasturi Turmeric Review | Ayurveda Wisdom | Haridra Churna | Beauty Review

Besan-Haldi, Chandan-Haldi...Haldi or Turmeric is considered a super food and a multi-functional herb in India because Ayurveda tells us about its many benefits for our body. It detoxifies, cleans the liver, helps in building immunity, eases pain, brightens complexion, so on and so forth. Every Indian household has plenty of turmeric at all times, for eating as well as cosmetic purposes. 


So no surprises that I also keep buying beauty and skincare products with turmeric...or turmeric itself from time to time specifically for use in skincare routine :) Here is a review of Ancient Living Kasturi Turmeric that I got from Qtrove especially for use in daily face masks. 


Packaging of Ancient Living Kasturi Turmeric is highly functional and environmentally friendly. It comes in a little glass jar that can be used even after the turmeric gets over for storage. I also find it travel friendly, though it is bulky, and well it is glass, so butterfingers be careful :D There is a refill pouch available too.

Ingredients list is Pure Kasturi Turmeric. Plain and Simple.

Claims that this aromatic Kasturi Turmeric would increase skin luminosity with regular usage and won't stain skin like normal cooking turmeric.

Availability of  Ancient Living Kasturi Turmeric is good online on sites such as Amazon, Nykaa, and Qtrove. I got it for Rs. 225 for 100 grams.

Quantity is good enough to last more than a month even when using everyday since only half a spoon is needed each day.

Usage - Mix it with other herbs, powders, aloe vera gel, milk, curd, rose water...possibilities are endless.


Effect - I use a face mask everyday since more than a decade now, and my favorites are from Forest Essentials, Ayur Herbals, Auravedic... I love mixing ingredients like Sandalwood (Chandan), Turmeric (Haldi), Multani Mitti (Indian clay), and other herbs with aloe vera gel, rose water, curd, and apply all over my face and neck for 10 minutes and then wash it off. 

This is not something that shows results overnight but I have stuck with this routine for over a decade and it keeps my skin baby soft. I use a variety of other cleansers, face washes, exfoliators, ready-to-use face masks too...but a homemade face mask is a must everyday before shower. Over long usage, it keeps skin healthy. 

After all, in earlier days, before all these brands bombarded our shopping malls, our grandmothers made these concoctions in their kitchen and had the most amazing skin, right? :) I love Ancient Living Kasturi Turmeric since it works exceptionally well, over time, in brightening my skin, and keeping dark blemishes away. 

See, I am a lady, and I often get pimples in my 'time of the month' and they leave behind dirty black marks. In my experience, it is only with regular usage of Haldi that these marks can be banished. So I absolutely recommend it to everyone who loves homemade packs and wants to use Haldi for skin care :) 
YES 
  • Pure Ayurvedic product
  • Nice aroma
  • True to its claims
  • Works on acne marks
  • Brightens skin with regular usage
  • Suits my sensitive skin
  • Available online on Amazon, Nykaa, Qtrove etc.
NO 
  • A little bit on the expensive side
Recommended -YES. The quality of the product justifies its price. Rating is 4.5/5.    

1 comment:

If you like my post,please share it or connect with me here, I look forward to all comments :)