badge

Friday 8 July 2016

The Body Shop Vitamin E Aqua Boost Sorbet | Beauty Review

The Body Shop is one of the best brands around, something I can say with confidence having used quite a few of its products none of whom have ever disappointed me or my family :) I got The Body Shop Vitamin E Aqua Boost Sorbet as a part of a big gift hamper a few months ago and after my mom & I used it for more than a month, here is our take on it.


This is a part of The Body Shop Vitamin E range and available on The Body Shop website as well as on Flipkart, Amazon, Nykaa etc. for around Rs. 1200 for 50 ml. Yup, it is expensive :D

Claims to provide all-day hydration, quenching skin's thirst with ultra-light formula. There are no magical claims associated with the product and Ingredients list contains Glycerin, Community Fair Trade Shea Butter, Wheatgerm Oil along with a boatload of chemicals (that are present in almost every beauty product nowadays anyway) including fragrance which are a big part of The Body Shop products. Packaging is different from other products in their Vitamin E range,the frosted glass jar is beautiful and bulky. Quantity is quite less when compared to price but decent enough to last just about a month when used daily.


My mom has normal mature skin with fine lines and wrinkles (each one of them is lovable!) and I have sensitive weird combination skin. So we are always in a tussle on which cream/ lotion to buy as most of them react horribly on my skin. But this never did! It really does what it claims. It is cool to touch, gives instant silky smooth feeling and sinks in after about 20 seconds making skin feel hydrated from inside. There is a sort of glossy finish for some time which is perfect base for makeup and my mom especially loved that. However, I noticed some clogged pores on my nose maybe because of all those chemicals even though it did not break me out in any other way. It gave perfect hydration to my combination-dry as well as my mom's normal skin though extremely dry skinned beauties will need to use something stronger. I just wish it also had some enhanced capabilities like anti pollution or skin brightening or even out skin tone :D Oh,our unlimited wishes :D

YES
  • The Body Shop promise of quality and ethical sourcing of ingredients
  • Perfectly hydrating without breaking out
  • Instantly soft,smooth,supple effect noticed on skin
  • Ultra light formula perfect for a make - up base too
  • Apt for all skin types

NO
  • Not recommended for extremely dry skin
  • No SPF
  • No extra capabilities :P Just moisture and hydration inducing :)
  • Jar packaging is unhygienic
  • Expensive
  • Not easily available, check on FlipkartAmazon etc.
Recommended- YES! I am on the prowl for multi-tasking creams and lotions but would always remember this one as a special one. Rating is 4/5 from both me & my mom :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like my post,please share it or connect with me here, I look forward to all comments :)