badge

Friday, 7 October 2016

Friendship Fun Unplugged With Zee TV : From Yaadon Ki Baarat To Yaaron Ki Baarat

Yaadon ki Baarat Nikli Hai Aaj Dil Ke Dwaare,
Yaaron ki Baarat on Zee TV humko Pukare,
Celebrity Friendship ki kahaani,
Hongi telecast Dware Dware, sang humare!

There is a new show in town, called Yaaron ki Baarat,
It will show a new side of celebrities,
Let us watch it together and reminisce on Saturday raat,
And find out their friendship itti-bitties!

Surely they have some stories too,
Something that makes us go wow,
Something to tug at our heartstrings,
Bringing our own memories in tow!

Yo Celebs are just like us,
They have hidden friendship secrets too,
They have best friends 8-9-10,
The ones who have the right to say 'Boo'!

This reminds me of my best friend - My soul sister,
We have many a tales of our own- sweet & bitter,
Ones that give a smile whenever we remember them,
And the ones that still give goosebumps & jitters!

Trushali and I met in high school,
Those days when perming was still considered cool :P
At first we thought of each other as snooty,
Since we both were introverts being friendly felt like duty :P

We were in different classes but put in same library group,
From there we went on to the same college dance troupe,
Slowly our introvert shells melted away,
As we shared common interests every day!

In a lot of ways we were absolute similar & in some polar opposites,
We both loved dancing & reading and hated veggies like Brinjal & Beets,
However you wanted to go to Mauritius as your dream destination,
While mine was the moon -away from this world and all its nations :D

You loved Indian attire while I rocked the denims,
You loved Indian movies while I considered watching Himmatwala a sin :P
I spent time swooning over Leonardo di Caprio while you swooned over Akshay Kumar,
So I compromised & danced on your birthday to the tunes of 'Tera Pyaar Hukka Bar' :P

You taught me how to wear a Sari,
I told you the difference between Wine & Tadi :P
You taught me when to speak & shut up,
I taught you how to reach on time at all our meetups :P

It was silly how we fought over the last piece of chocolate brownie,
Or debating over how you lived in suburbs & had the right to call me a 'townie' :P
But then you would introduce me to all your school friends,
And call me your 'long lost sister',that's what I would remember to my life's end :)

You snoozed through all the Hollywood movies I dragged you to,
I returned the compliment at all your fav movies by snoring through :D
Atleast we never fought over which flavor of popcorn to buy,
And if anyone else meddled in our fights,we yelled together 'Die you meddler,DIE' :D

You are incapable of waking up early,
I could not sleep later than 11 PM, absolute no dilly-dally,
You cannot come to any meeting without being an hour late,
No matter how many free Akshay Kumar movies' VCDs I offered as bait :P

When tragedy struck,
We walked through the muck,
Never lost each other,
Always together!

I was struck by vertigo,
You were right there,
The world spun on its axis,
You were my rock solid core when my world was in a mix!

I walked through college with your shoulder as my support,
Wouldn't have found a more solid ship as my emotions' anchor :)
When I couldn't walk up a flight of stairs without swooning,
You shifted your schedule to accommodate mine every morning!

All your appointments revolved around my timetable,
Others may look at this as just a fable,
I know what I owe you,
My recovery is all thanks to you :)

When people look back at their lives, they often search for an angel,
I can safely say that is what you mean to me,
You are the cheese to my sandwich,the nutella spread to my bagel,
I wouldn't accept the moon if it took me away from you,even if it came for free!

We don't need to celebrate our friendship on a special day,
Our love is made of rocks, not of clay,
So this day is as good as any,
For us to wish each other Happy Friendship Day :)




2 comments:

  1. Lovely post. Really it's a nice show.
    http://tipsoye.com/

    ReplyDelete

If you like my post,please share it or connect with me here, I look forward to all comments :)